Praktikum als Übersetzer (m/w/d)
wordinc GmbH is a language service provider based in Hamburg, Germany. We specialise in translations in the fields of marketing, finance, law, engineering and medicine, and also offer translation & editing, interpreting, foreign language typesetting and language training services.
We are offering A PAID INTERNSHIP (€400 per month, two months or longer) as of August 2019 and throughout 2019/2020 at our office in Hamburg, with a range of exciting tasks such as:
- translating texts for marketing, finance, law, engineering and medicine (from German into English)
- proofreading translations of such texts
- copy-editing English-language texts to improve style and eliminate errors
- getting comfy and cosy with Trados, the market-leading CAT tool
- navigating the pitfalls of machine-generated translations
- creating, updating and learning to love style guides
- cutting your translating teeth or honing your already-proven skills
We are looking for a dedicated and motivated individual (m/f/x) currently studying translation/linguistics/intercultural communications, or a comparable field.
- Are you an open, communicative and reliable team player?
- Are you interested in translating as a career?
- Do you want to take on new responsibilities and become an important member of the friendly, dynamic wordinc team?
- Have you already had some experience translating, or working in a professional environment?
- Is English your first language, and German a close second (or at least quite good)?
- Do you have a jeweller’s eye for detail and the patience to read the same text multiple times?
- Do you never tire of finding new ways to translate “Wir freuen uns”?
If this sounds like you, send a detailed cover letter and CV to email@example.com. Only applications sent by email will be considered. Please be sure to indicate the time frame during which you are interested in doing an internship with us.
Übersetzung | Lektorat | Adaption
Eiffestr. 426| 20537 Hamburg
Download job advertisement as PDF file here